Q: Car doesn't always start.

At times the car starts and at other times it doesn't. The anti-theft light is flickering on and off.

A: Hi there! Your I am not able to give you a ...

Hi there! Your I am not able to give you a definitive answer without inspecting the car. However, a malfunctioning anti-theft system is sure to cause a no-start condition. In this instance, the key is turned and the dashboard lighting may come on but no cranking or starting. A starter motor assembly on it’s last leg shares similar symptoms, apart from the anti-theft light flashing. Have a certified mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, inspect the anti-theft system and scan the vehicles computer for any stored codes while checking on the starting problem.