Q: Service engine soon light

asked by on February 25, 2016

My service engine soon light came on. I had diagnostics ran on it and received codes P0325 and P1447. While I did look these up to see what they meant, they didn't make sense to me. I'm wondering if the codes correlate to a timing chain issue I am having.

Service Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The code P0325 and P1447 may be problems with the evaporative emission charcoal canister and vent solenoid problem from charcoal getting into the solenoid and tripping the code P1447. Some owners also got the code P0325 for the knock sensor and replaced the defective knock sensor to get rid of the code. You should have the knock sensor checked after repairing the P1447 code since some owners had the two codes together and the evaporative emission canister and valve fixed the knock sensor code also. For accurate diagnosis, I recommend that you have the vehicle’s Service Engine Light fully inspected by a certified mechanic. From there, they will be able to make the repairs needed to clear the codes.