Q: How do you set the zone on the electronic compass?

How do you set the zone on the electronic compass?

A: If your vehicle is equipped with an electro...

If your vehicle is equipped with an electronic compass, it can provide you with important information about which direction you’re driving in. However, because true north and magnetic north actually aren’t the same in most parts of the world, you’ll need to set the zone to get the right direction. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Refer to the zone map in your owner’s manual.
  2. Turn the ignition to on and then crank the engine.
  3. Press the Setup button.
  4. Choose the update zone option.
  5. The current zone will be displayed – make sure it is not correct before you change it.
  6. Press the Reset button and hold it until the display cycles through the zones.
  7. Let go of the Reset button when the right zone is displayed.