Q: Car started stalling after being stopped in traffic - 2015 Infiniti Q50

I had a very serious situation while I was driving on the highway several days ago. I was stopped in traffic and when it was time to move, I applied the gas pedal and very shortly after, the car started hesitating and stalling. I continued applying the gas pedal and managed to escape the accident. The dealer couldn't find the cause of this. Do you have any ideas?

Hello. There are a few things that can cause this, but the most common cause of this is a failing throttle body. I have changed a number of these for similar problems. If the throttle body is fine, then it may be the air flow meter not reading correctly or it can be a crank sensor. Most of the time, it is the throttle body though. If this is something that you need to have repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling problem and pinpoint the needed fixes.

3. Car started stalling after being stopped in traffic - 2015 Infiniti Q50