Q: Wont go in reverse and drive feels like you are holding brake on 2003 Chevrolet Malibu

The car wont go in reverse and when you put it in drivr it will move but feels like the brakes are being held down

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi - your symptoms describe a very confused transmission. Check first for low transmission fluid (or too much). Check next for problem codes coming from the transmission, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. With this transmission (4T40E) valve body problems with extended mileage can cause this and other seemingly unlikely behaviors. I recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr