Q: Car not accelerating

My car won't accelerate. the gas pedal is hitting the floor when I push it down on it, but the car is moving like it is in idle.

A: This issue could be caused by something as ...

This issue could be caused by something as simple as the emergency brake being left on, but that is usually the first thing that would be checked. If the emergency brake is off then there could be an issue with the gas pedal linkage to the engine or a possible transmission or brake issue. A qualified mechanic like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your accelerating issue.