Q: Car won't go forward or reverse

I don't know if the axel is bad or the transmission a sticking caliper caused the car to breake down and I had it towed home and I don't want to replace the trans if its just the axel please let me know

Depending on the symptoms of the vehicle, this may be a transmission problem or a failing axle. Unfortunately, without additional detail as to the specific model of your vehicle, it may be difficult to diagnose without physically inspecting the vehicle. Your transmission has what is known as a transmission control module that operates the functionality of the transmission and receives signals from an output speed sensor on the transmission output shaft.

This information is used to tell the transmission when to shift. This can cause problems with transmission performance when not working properly. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is not driving as it should be.

3. Car won't go forward or reverse