Q: Car won't let me accelerate.

asked by on September 05, 2016

Keep getting a O2 sensor code and 5 volt code already did a tune up

Hello there, A continued oxygen sensor and voltage code is a sign there is still a problem with your 2002 Pontiac Firebird. You did not say if you replaced the oxygen sensor in question or not. I am going to assume you have and the issue is still present. Possible other causes would be a wiring harness fault or a failing computer. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your acceleration issue and make any repairs required.