Q: Got hit in left rear and it looks like axle is bent.

I was hit and now left rear tire is all crooked. Looks like axle bent. Not sure. It drove a few blocks and tire blew.

Hi there. A vehicle collision can cause more than simple cosmetic damage, especially if the impact was at the right angle. If the tire is crooked, the damage may be a broken strut mount assembly or lower control arm. This is something that should be inspected by a professional insurance adjuster before you have repairs made to the vehicle.

After you’ve consulted with the insurance claims division, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to check out your car and determine if there are any possible safety issues that need to be addressed.