Q: Got hit in left rear and it looks like axle is bent.

I was hit and now left rear tire is all crooked. Looks like axle bent. Not sure. It drove a few blocks and tire blew.

Hi there. A vehicle collision can cause more than simple cosmetic damage, especially if the impact was at the right angle. If the tire is crooked, the damage may be a broken strut mount assembly or lower control arm. This is something that should be inspected by a professional insurance adjuster before you have repairs made to the vehicle.

After you’ve consulted with the insurance claims division, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to check out your car and determine if there are any possible safety issues that need to be addressed.

3. Got hit in left rear and it looks like axle is bent.