Q: Emergency brake pads

How do I know if I need to replace the emergency brake pads?

A: Typically, the braking system friction mate...

Typically, the braking system friction material should be inspected at every tire rotation. The parking brake is integrated with the rear brake calipers. When the brake pad friction material wears down to a low measurement, or the pad's thickness warning tabs begin to make noise, the assemblies should be inspected and repaired as necessary. If the parking brake does not hold when applied, the parking brake cable linkage may require an adjustment. Have a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection on your emergency/parking brakes.