Q: I want to buy a 2000 Porsche boxster but im scared about the ims going out how can i prevent that?

I want to buy a 2000 Porsche boxster but im scared about the ims going out how can i prevent that? I want to buy one because there great cars and are cheap i just dont wanna buy a engine if the ims goes out.

The majority of intermediate shaft failures is caused by debris getting into the bearings. Opinions vary but I’m of the opinion that if you want to prolong the life of that bearing as well as the entire engine, DO NOT follow the extended service/oil change intervals and change the oil every 6 months or 5,000 miles, which ever happens first. Use a good synthetic oil of your preference. Good clean oil will prolong it’s life. Frequent oil changes is pretty much the only thing you can do to keep debris from circulating in your engine for extended amounts of time. If you decide on getting the car, consider YourMechanic when you need to have your oil serviced. A mobile mechanic will be able to do so at your home or office.

3. I want to buy a 2000 Porsche boxster but im scared about the ims going out how can i prevent that?