Q: How thermostat stuck open influences AC

99 Prius. The thermostat is stuck open but could it also affect the AC not working like it used to?

A: Yes, because the computers control everythi...

Yes, because the computers control everything, and if the temperature isn't right, it can often make the AC not work right. What you will also find is that the system has electric cooling fans.

If the car has a regular thermostat that opens and closes, it runs warmer and the fans will come on more. The more the fans come on, the better the AC is going to work. I would have a technician replace the thermostat first, as this is an inexpensive service that may fix all your problems.