Q: How do you fold down the rear seats in a 2012 Honda Civic?

How do you fold down the rear seats?

Your car’s rear seats are designed to fold down to provide you with more room for hauling gear or other items. Doing so is actually pretty simple, and here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Take the center rear seat belt out of the guide (if it’s left in the guide, the seat won’t fold).

2. Open the trunk.

3. Pull the seat release lever on the right and left sides of the seat back (only accessible from the trunk).

4. Push the seats forward, or pull them forward from inside the car.

Tips

• The seats do not fold completely flat. There will be a slight angle.

• Remove the rear head restraints if necessary (they may hit the backs of the front seats).

3. How do you fold down the rear seats in a 2012 Honda Civic?