Q: Transmission is slipping into 2nd gear (transmission fail safe).

I have a semi automatic transmission it slips into 2nd gear often or when it doesn't and you think you can pull away normally in 1st it will then jumps into second. Trans failsafe then appears on my dash. It is a 3 litre sport.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sounds like the accumulator in the transmission for the shifting from 1st gear to 2nd gear could have a cut on the seal or a broken spring. This will make the transmission slip out of 1st gear and into 2nd gear with no notice. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.