Q: Check engine running rough

asked by on June 28, 2016

My oil light came on dashboard saying my oil was low, so I added oil. Then the check engine light came on. Suddenly my car started sounding like the engine wasn't running on all cylinders. It was running extremely rough! Do you know what could have caused this? What should I do?

Hello there, many components which can cause the vehicle to run rough like this. The most common would be the MAF sensor, vacuum leak, spark plugs and wires, low oil level, or mechanical engine damage.

I’d recommend having the vehicle inspected by qualified technician who has the tools and experience to accurately diagnose your Check Engine Light. Once the problem has been addressed, the necessary repairs can be made accordingly.