Q: Car starts then stops

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car starts, and then it stops. Sometimes it won't turn over to start.

Car will not turn over Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You may have an alternator issue. If your engine starts and dies shortly afterwards, that is a symptom of a bad alternator. If the alternator has failed, the vehicle will then run all of its electronics off of the battery. Once the battery is fully discharged, the starter will no longer be able to crank the engine over. I would recommend starting with an inspection of the starting system performed by a professional. Once the cause of the issue has been determined, the issue can be resolved and the engine should start every time again.