Q: Autonomously control the electric power steering wheel of honda civic 9th gen 2013

I have a 2013 Honda Civic LX with a electric power steering wheel. I want to actuate the steering wheel autonomously through my computer or external digital pulses. I need your help to give some insights into the steering wheel, best place to hack the steering wheel, (if wires can be exposed), or writing on to SAS sensor.

A: I’m curious why you would want to do this a...

I’m curious why you would want to do this and because of the potential liability with something like this. I’m going to say your on your own with such a project. When ever we decide we want to modify our vehicles, you become the engineer. Unfortunately, as technicians, we don’t have access to the computer systems of cars on this level. I know some have gained access, but this isn’t a part of daily auto repair procedures.

Because of the importance of steering for safety, manufacturers don’t readily share this information. This is most likely engineering level information. Maybe check with an engineering school, programmers etc.

Good luck!