Q: Loud low groaning/creaking noise when making turns at slow speeds

asked by on February 10, 2017

Power fluid steering is full and new, with new tires. The car makes a low groaning noise when turning at slow speeds, but when the car is in reverse or park turning the wheel produces no sound. It seems like the sound only happens with turning at slow speeds in drive.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This type of low pitched noise tends to be caused by wheel bearings that are just beginning to wear out, or a CV joint that might be losing lubrication as well. It could also indicate a problem with tie rods or other steering system components that are wearing out. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can accurately diagnose your problem.