Q: I can't find the crank sensor to my 2010 vw passat where is the crankshaft sensor located

asked by on September 20, 2017

I'm stranded and I need my crankshaft sensor changed

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.83 - $795.44 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle’s crankshaft position sensor is located behind the oil filter. The crankshaft is the largest shaft towards to bottom of the engine, and there is a pulley connected to it at the bottom. Use that for reference so you know about where on the engine the crankshaft’s position sensor would be located. Then find the oil filter and search around it. They are hard to find and remove without the right tools. For more help, contact our service department to have a technician come to you.