Q: Replacing Radiator for 2006 Mercedes ML500.

Had coolant leak, Replaced upper hose, Thermostat etc, Found out that Plastic has a Crack where upper hose connects

Hi there. If your leak is coming from the radiator housing, it will need to be replaced. There are some people that believe you can repair these type of leaks by applying sealant or "fix-a-leak", however, these materials typically become loose, break off and can contaminate the coolant system; causing more overheating problems in the process. If you need to have a professional mobile mechanic replace your radiator, please feel free to submit a quote for radiator replacement.

If the radiator is cracked near the hose connection, then the radiator was either dropped when in the package or the engine has produced a very high amount of pressure to crack the radiator. Check the radiator cap and see if its venting. If the cap is venting and the radiator had no cracks when installed, then one or both head gaskets are burned. If you need further assistance with your cracked radiator, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Replacing Radiator for 2006 Mercedes ML500.