Q: I hear a water sound after I had the heater core replaced

asked by on November 09, 2016

I had problems with my car overheating recently and I got my friend to replace the heater core hose and the top radiator hose. For the last couple of weeks I've heard this water sound coming from near the globe compartment. It gets worse the faster I go. No problems with my car overheating now. What could this be and what should I do?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The water gurgling sound is most likely that the heater core and engine cooling system still has a lot of air moving through the cooling system. You should turn on the heater all the way to hot so coolant flows through the heater and recheck the cooling system level is full every morning for the next few days to get all the air out of the system. You should run the heat for a few minutes each day at a minimum. This will work out all the air in the cooling system. Do not keep running the engine if you start to see any evidence of the engine overheating or engine damage may occur.