Q: 98 Nissan quest jerks, skips, and rpm's bounce, when it warms up.

asked by on March 19, 2017

We were driving down the road when our van began acting like it was running out of gas. It will jerk and skip like it doesn't want to take the gas and loses power. After it cools off, it will run right again.

Hi there. The symptoms sound like the fuel pump relay is getting hot and cutting off the fuel pump. Check the fuel pump relay and see if its getting hot. If the relay is getting hot, then the fuel may have a short or a burned electric motor. If the fuel pump relay is cold, then the fuel pump is weak and is causing the the vehicle to jerk when driving.

If you need further assistance with your engine jerking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.