Q: Why does my ABS lights in dash come on after driving for a while on my 2011 Hyundai Sonata

The passenger side front suspension was changed and since then the ABS and traction control dash lights come on after driving the car for a while. Starting the car they come on and reset but after driving for a while they come on and stay on. I notice a clicking sound on the right side of the car, sounds like a relay opening and closing or like a wire tapping the chassis while driving (but can't find any being loose). This sound stops when the dash ABS lights come on. I also think I have noticed a jitter (occasionally) on the brake pedal before the lights come on. Diagnostic test with the computer plugged in the usual diagnostic port does not show any problem. What might be going on here?

Hello. If this issue has occurred ever since the work was done then I would suspect that there is something that was not installed correctly. If you are getting noise also then the ABS wheel speed sensor may be contacting the tone ring which will cause all of these issues. It may also be a bearing that is bad which will cause this. Prior to changing anything the computer needs to be scanned for codes to see what comes up. I would also make sure that all of the tires are the same size as one different tire will cause the readings to be off. If you are going to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the ABS light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/abs-light-is-on-inspection

3. Why does my ABS lights in dash come on after driving for a while on my 2011 Hyundai Sonata