Q: car won't start chugs

We replaced the radiator 2 days ago. Yesterday we replaced the speakers in the front. The car ran with no problem. It sat outside in the rain for a 1 day, and now it won't start. I started it up for the first time today, and it started chugging. The car felt and sounded really bad. Then it shut itself down after a few seconds. It wouldn’t start again. It chugged when started. It cranked, but it doesn't start. The battery is a few months old. It had about a quarter of a tank of gas, and the spark plugs are firing. I don’t know much about cars, so your help is appreciated.

A: It's possible that your Saturn SC2 has ...

It's possible that your Saturn SC2 has a broken timing belt. That will make it sound strange when it's cranking and will not start. You can listen back by the gas tank and try to hear if the fuel pump is running. It should run for 2 seconds when you turn the key on, or run continually while cranking. If you need help getting this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your starting issue and let you know what needs repair.