Q: When my car is idling at a stop sign, I have a rattle coming from the front right.

I recently had the belt tensioner replaced but still getting a rattle-like noise when the car is idling.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. If the noise is there even when the engine is running, then the balancer needs to be checked as well as the engine mounts. Either one of these will cause this to occur. I check these first and if nothing is found then I check the timing chain as a stretched chain will cause this. If you would like help with having these inspections performed, consider having one of our expert automotive technicians come to your home or office to look at and diagnose this rattling issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.

• When my car is idling at a stop sign, I have a rattle coming from the front right.