Q: Car cranks, but doesn't start

asked by on February 03, 2016

I recently replaced the fuel pump, The car will crank, but not turn over.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Cranking and turning over are essentially the same, so I will assume that it cranks but won’t start. There are many variables that go into diagnosing a no-start condition. The fuel pump is just one of many things that can cause a situation where the vehicle won’t start. Things like bad ignition modules, bad crank and cam sensors, theft deterrent systems are all possibilities. I suggest seeking help from a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you diagnose your car’s no-start condition.