Q: Any DIY service manuals available? 2007 Mercedes S550

I want to replace the motor mounts

My car has an automatic transmission. 2007 S 550

Hello - except for the Mercedes factory Service Manual/DVDs, the usual sources of quality aftermarket service manuals (i.e. Bentley) are bare on this one. Haynes/Chiltons don’t yet cover anything this new either, certainly not for S-class models. Your best bet may be to query one of the Mercedes Internet forums for other owner experience, or pointers on this specific task. Internet market "copies" of factory service materials are not necessarily a reliable (or legal) source of expertise. Buyer beware! For assistance, I recommend a motor mount replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

The first place to try would be your local Mercedes dealer parts department. They may be able to order a factory service manual. They can be pricey no matter where you find one. Expect it to be a couple of hundred dollars at least. There are some "cheap" ones put there but they are "cheap" for a reason. They are not as in-depth as the bigger and more expensive ones. Having the correct information is worth paying for, believe me. Also, with the age of technology, the internet is a good source. You may be able to find actual repair manuals or even subscribe to online repair manuals. Do a search for "2007 Mercedes S550 service manuals" and you should find a number of good choices.