Q: I have,a 2005 mercury montego it has a code p0320 and p2106 where should I start first cam or crank

Engine sputters and shut off while driving pull over and turn the key off it will start back.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Due to the codes that you have currently, you will want to start with the crankshaft position sensor. You can test it with a multi-meter or voltmeter if you are equipped. If may be causing the second code as well. With that being said, the vehicle may be having issues with a more serious component related to the two systems as well. If the simpler tests come out to be okay, then you will want to check into the harmonic balancer and timing system. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have,a 2005 mercury montego it has a code p0320 and p2106 where should I start first cam or crank