Q: Driver side Glass scratches after rolling down or up

Hi, My Driver side window glass gets scratches after rolling down and up.I noticesd that weatherstripings are too near to glass and it doesn't give enough space to glass when going down ,so it is touched to the glass which is causing scratches.While the other glasses are fine.When rolling down the other glasses gets enough space to go down and up.The other glasses move away from weather strips which does not touch and the dust on the glasses doesn't leave any scratches. So i think my driver side glass touches weatherstrips and the dust on the glass leaves scratches. I don't know what is causing but i explained what i noticed.Please leave me a valuable response.

A: Hello. The felt weather strips are there to...

Hello. The felt weather strips are there to wipe away excess moisture or fog from window. They are not designed to wipe away dirt or debris. You should clean the felt strip with a spray bottle of water or a hose while holding the felt away from window. Clean windows of any dirt and debris. It is normal for the felt to touch the glass, however it shouldn't be leaving scratches. Give everything a thorough clean and see if that helps. If not, have a local expert inspect the window scratching issue and advise you on a repair.

Recommended services
Get a Quote