Q: 2015 mirage 51000 miles sputters and hesitates on acceleration from stop. problem stops at about 30-40mph starts fine. no stalls

asked by on November 04, 2017

2015 mirage sputters and hesitates at low speed acceleration. once 30-40mph achieved problem disappears . air filter clean. starts and idles fine. seems to hesitate only when under load in low gears. is automatic. tried injector cleaner and several tanks of 93 octane but problem persists. any ideas?

Among the possibilities are faults in the throttle position sensor, mass airflow sensor, vacuum leaks, a clogged fuel filter, defective EGR valve or control circuit, and worn out spark plugs and wires. A mechanic would simply investigate these possibilities sequentially and also check to see if any diagnostic trouble codes can be downloaded from the PCM. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine hesitation diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.