Q: Knocking sound

asked by on February 12, 2016

The car would start up and then quit. Finally, I got the car started and there was a knocking sound.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like there is something broken in the engine internally. A push rod could be bent, a lifter could be stuck, or the engine bearing could be messed up. Have your vehicle’s noise inspected by a certified technician, like one from your mechanic, to determine whether your engine would need to be replaced or rebuilt in order to fix this problem.