Q: Rough running engine also choppy

asked by on September 21, 2017

I have a Suzuki sidekick 1992 1.6 liter 16 valve engine me and my dad just rebuilt it and we put it all together but it smells like its running rich it runs rough at idle and when driving the engine is being really choppy and jerks back and forth and i think it’s down on power and sometimes when it’s running it sounds like 3 cylinders fire in a row and the next one is skipped but not all the time does it sound like that. It never stalls randomly even at idle and ideas of what’s wrong ?

You may need to have additional diagnosis done by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to see if the ignition timing is correct and there is no engine vacuum leaks in the intake or vacuum lines. Also to verify all work was done correctly and no plug wires or injectors are hooked up incorrectly.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr