Q: Is it worth it to purchase the additional toyota maintenance care package they try to sell you when you buy a new rav4?

asked by on November 29, 2016

I just bought a new rav4. They conned me into the additional 45 month 45000 mile prepaid maintenance plan, saying it more than pays for itself with the 30000 mile service. But when I got hoem and studied what I bought it looks like it is just oil changes (which are every 10,000 miles) and filters for air and cabin. Routine fluid checks, belt checks etc. I paid 585.00 for the plan, and toyota gives me the first 2 yrs or 25,000miles for free, so really I only would pay for the 30,000 to 45,000 mile services myself if I didn't buy the plan. I am feeling like I got taken advantage of, but there is still time to cancel. What should I do?

The first oil change is recommended to be at 10,000 miles and every 5,000 miles after that. Besides one air filter replacement and tire rotations the rest is basically all inspections for problems that may occur. For the amount you payed it is not out of line the amount you would pay for each tire rotation and oil change for the vehicle. The only thing is if you are tied to only servicing the vehicle at that dealer even if you are not happy with the service you get. I would recommend getting prices locally or from YourMechanic for the next 8 oil changes with tire rotations with inspections and compare prices.