Q: Beeping sound???

asked by on February 22, 2017

When I first start up my car it'll begin to beep. It'll go on for about no more than four minutes and then stop. If its been running for a while, it'll start the beeping again ever thirty minutes like clockwork. My seat belt is on and the doors are all shut. What could it be?

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely experiencing some kind of sensory error. It will need to have its computer scanned for diagnostic codes. If there are no codes present, you will want to look into the systems that give an auditory alert when there is an issue. These include the seat belt circuit, the air bags, door agar alerts, and components that they share. For example, the seat belt and air bag systems both utilize sensors that tell you there is someone sitting in the seat. These are subject to things being shoved under the seat, dirt, and debris. It may be something as simple as needing to clean these sensors. Only further inspection will tell. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.