Q: Fluttering and bogging out when accelerating

Bogs out when in reverse and flutters and bogs out when accelerating until about 30mph

A: Hello. Fluttering and bogging can be caused...

Hello. Fluttering and bogging can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few common causes are issues with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If there is an issue with any of the components, such as the idle air control valve, the fuel pump, or an ignition coil, the engine may experience performance issues. If the Check Engine Light is on, I would start by retrieving the trouble codes, as they will likely shed some light on what the issue may be. Otherwise, I would start by checking out the idle air control valve and then the fuel pressure. If you would like to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the stalling problem so that this can be corrected.