Q: Leaking oil into the intake and PCV and catalytic converter

Leaking oil into intake PCV and catalytic converter

A: You would need to have the entire crankcase...

You would need to have the entire crankcase ventilation system checked and serviced first to make sure all the PCV valves are clean and working correctly, or if excessive oil will be consumed and get in the intake. The turbo would need to be inspected to see if it’s an oil seal leaking excessively and getting oil into the intake system. Once these are checked and repaired as needed, then have the intake system cleaned with combustion cleaner and then check engine blowby to see if it is excessive and causing crankcase overpressure conditions from compression leaking past the piston rings. If you need help having this checked, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to pinpoint the oil leak and run the necessary tests to have this repaired properly.