Q: When I push the gas the RPM go up and down and don't got power the RPM going to down when I stop and the light is overhet

When I stop and the light the RPM going to do you get over heat but when I push the gas take it to 1 RPM the overheat go away I give me a tune-up I put a new spark plug I do everything I'm thinking it idle control sensor maybe I don't know too expensive and I'm broke already I don't want to guess no more have to work please help me

A: From what you describe it would appear th...

From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is overheating at stops, and then cooling off when it gets moving. This can be caused by a few different problems.

A few common causes are:

• clogged radiator
  • malfunctioning radiator cooling fans
  • faulty water pump

When the vehicle is in motion, cool air passes through the radiator core as the vehicle moves forward, keeping the engine cool. At stops, the cooling fans are supposed to kick on once a certain temperature is reached in order to pull air through the radiator.

If the fans, or any of the associated components have failed, or the radiator is clogged or dirty, then the engine may not be cooled efficiently, and overheat.

It may also be possible that the water pump has failed or worn out, and is no longer providing adequate cooling system pressure. This is more likely in a high mileage vehicle.

As cooling system issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician diagnose the overheating issue.