Q: Vibration when 65+mph or when stoping

When I drive my car from 0mph - 65mph the car is good, it runs average vibrating, well its an old car, but when I hit 65+mph the car shakes like a 10th category earthquake. Secondly, it also vibrates a lot when I stop but that breaking vibrance happens when im going fast like 45+mph and its a hard shaking. I have changed the wheels rotors, and chequed all the wheel components like tie rods etc (I know something about cars you know) and they are actually good, no shaking, barely movement, the car is allign and the wheels are new. Also, when im in parking the car vibrates also, and when I change the shift it makes like a "boom" and a little movement like a push. Now, I chequed the Engine mounts and they are REALLY REALLY BAD like REALLY BROKEN. I can even see threw them. Im sure this is probably the problem, but I want to now if they are %100 the problem and what other things can make a car vibrates.

Whenever there are multiple causes of vehicle vibration, which is probably the circumstance you face, it is best to fix the obvious causes first because that will greatly simplify diagnosis and identification of the remaining causes. So, in your circumstance, you should request replacement of the motor mounts and then continue on with the vibration diagnostic. If you do end up replacing motor mounts, genuine OEM mounts are recommended in order to maximize the chances of resolving that portion of the vibration problem. If the vibration at idle, during parking, is not resolved by replacing the motor mounts, be sure to rule out engine operating conditions. For example, rough running at idle can be caused by faults in the air induction system as well as the ignition and fuel systems. To get an evaluation of the running condition of the engine, please request a rough idle diagnostic.

Vibration at high vehicle speeds, felt through the car body and/or the steering wheel, is usually due to dynamic imbalance of the wheel/tire assembly and/or various types of tire defects such as belt separations or excessive radial force variation. Vibration on braking is typically due to excessive thickness variation in the brake rotor, pad defects, or excessive rotor runout as installed on the hub. Typically, thickness variation can’t exceed .001 inches and rotor runout, as installed, should ideally be no more than .002 inches. To determine if the rotors are the cause of the vibration in your case, rotor runout has to be carefully measured. To have the root cause of the brake vibration identified, please request a brake and suspension system diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.