Q: Car started to overheat then cut off popped the hood and colant was on parts of my motor now my car want start ut dont even make a

Car started to overheat then cut off i opened the hood and seen coolant on the coolant jug tried to start it made a rough sound and cut off tried it again then the car wouldnt make a sound as i tried to start it my radio stayed on when the key was out i don't know whats wrong

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Latorus. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Anytime a car overheats, it can cause a tremendous amount of damage to the engine and electrical components (especially if coolant spills under the hood and penetrates sensors or other electrical harnesses). In most cases, it’s recommended to dry off the coolant, especially around electrical connections before attempting to start again. However, I think it would be best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an overheating inspection, so they can determine why the vehicle overheated before the car is started again, and further damage occurs.