Q: broken ignition switch after thieves tried to steal my car

Thieves tried to steal my car. They didn't tear anything up but evidently got something jammed in ignition switch. Now my key won't go all the way in so it can't turn either. How do I fix this?

You will probably have to replace the ignition switch. And since you can’t put the key in the switch, getting it out will be a big deal. Car ignition locks are deliberately made to be hard to remove in order to discourage thieves. If you can use the key, the lock cylinder can usually be popped right out. but without the key, it make take some drilling and cutting to get it apart. The good news is, you can have it done at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to replace your ignition lock there on the spot and get you back on the road.

3. broken ignition switch after thieves tried to steal my car