Q: FUEL WONT GO IN TANK AND AUTO NOZZLE TRIPS

Hello Mr.Robert , I have Dodge Durango 2003 4.7L SLT When I Refuel my gas tank at a petrol Station Auto fuel fill nozzle trips immediately and Fuel also goes very slowly if filled manually by hand.

I removed one out of the three hose (finger size hose) going to vapor charcoal canister . Which may be risky and i am filling only 30 percent tank to avoid fuel spillage from one of open hanging hose. Now fuel goes 2 times fast but still auto fill nozel trips. Kindly suggest what to do , I feel embarrassed to take extra time on petrol station and Abu dhabi mechanics are not coming to a concrete solution. (bharat.relhan@rediffmail.com)

Mileage : 5 km per Liter My car has 11 miles per gallon .

You most likely have a fuel filler nozzle that has an outer hose with an outer hose in it. If the inner hose comes off of its mounting at the inlet of nozzle then it will restrict the fuel trying to get in the fuel tank. You will need to remove the inlet nozzle and reconnect the inner hose to nozzle and reinstall.