Q: Gday Chet. My Subaru Liberty has been not starting randomly . Turns over but won't start 1998 Subaru Liberty

I have a subaru liberty wagon. 98. auto,. it randomly just wont start and then after leaving it for a short time. Approx 30 min. It starts again as if no problem. Could it be the crank shaft sensor ,knock sensor or oxygen sensor?

Hi there - your instincts are good! I suspect a failing crankshaft position sensor as well. When they fail, there is often no Check Engine indicator. Checking for spark at the plugs during a "no start" event would be helpful confirmation of the problem. If you have spark, but it still won’t start, check to see if the fuel pump is running during these times. If not, the fuel pump relay jumps to the head of the list of possible problems. For assistance, I recommend a not starting inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Gday Chet. My Subaru Liberty has been not starting randomly . Turns over but won't start 1998 Subaru Liberty