Q: I have a 2004 nissan quest van my v.d.c. light won't go off can u tell me any suggestions?

asked by on May 16, 2017

Hi my name dione i have a 2004 nissan quest van my v.d.c light won't cut off it is stuck now only when i get into the car in the morning its not on then bout 20mins after it comes on any suggestions?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The VDC light illuminates when the Vehicle Dynamic Control system is not on, or is not working. Due to it being consistently illuminated, there is likely an issue with the system. The Dynamic Control System manages the traction control and braking systems, as well as some engine performance. Due to the wide variety of potential issues, you should start by having the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. This will tell us what issues specifically have triggered the warning lights and narrow down the search. Scanning requires a special tool that reads the computer, and it can be done at most automotive parts stores and by a technician. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.