Q: Rust spots on Pearl Red hood - repaint whole hood or spot-fix

6 chips on 2014 CRV Pearl Red hood with rust showing on 3 of them, should I have hood repainted at body shop, try to use painting compound and clear nail polish to fix, or just live with it. Intend to keep car 3-5 more years. Drive mostly in Florida's West Coast on local streets and interstate. NEVER drive off-road. Thanks

A: Hello. If the chip damage is already showin...

Hello. If the chip damage is already showing rust, you will want the hood properly re-painted, with rust-treatment of the damaged spots of course. The old adage "rust never sleeps" is true - if you have rust showing now, it will be a rusty hole within a year or two. Contact a reputable paint and body shop in your area for an estimate and repair.