The title has "not actual mileage" written on it. Now it...

Q: The title has "not actual mileage" written on it. Now it is hard to sell. Anyway to have mileage confirmed?

asked by on September 08, 2017

I am trying to help my nephew (who is not well and is in a financial pinch) sell his car. When he purchased it from my sister (who has alzheimer's) he did not have the car with him--and he answered the mileage question with a guess based on his memory. He told he DMV that his answer was "not actual mileage" and they put that on the title. Now it is hard to sell. How can we get DMV to remove that statement from the title?

This is something you will need to handle with your local DMV office. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to advise on legal matters related to titles on vehicles.