Q: Why does my abs light only come on after I drive above 15mph. When I break it shuts off

When driving above 15 MPh the abs light comes on. When I slow down under 15 MPH or a complete stop ,the light turns off. Regular brake system works fine.

Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

• Why does my abs light only come on after I drive above 15mph. When I break it shuts off