Q: Gear independently shifted into neutral - 2005 Chevrolet Suburban

I was driving my car around 45 mph when suddenly the transmission shifted into neutral automatically. I immediately shut the engine off and started it back on and continued driving in the four wheel drive. This issue occurred several times already. My car has close to 115,000 miles on it. What might be causing this?

This sounds like it could be a transmission control issue. Faults codes should be read out and any issues corrected. Generally, if there is a mechanical condition in a transmission the symptoms will be static and always present where an electronic control issue may be more intermittent. A transmission range switch failing for instance may cause an intermittent gear selection malfunction. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose and correct this transmission control issue.