Q: Steering wheel locks and hard to maneuver my vehicle off the road.

asked by on December 26, 2016

When im driving occasionally to frequently the cars steering wheel locks and if it is very hard to steer and could potentially cause an accident, the part that was changed to attempt to fix this problem was steering speed sensor, Now i need to know if there is a programing i need to do? Or is there another part that could be changed to get a solution to my problem. thanks in advance ..

Rob

Steering wheel does not turn car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The steering wheel lock solenoid could have lost power intermittently causing the lock to engage when the key is in the ignition switch. The solenoid could be damaged and needs replaced in the steering column. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your steering wheel lock solenoid.