Q: Car cuts off

asked by on February 08, 2016

My car runs but then cuts offs.

Automatic Shutdown Relay Replacement $93.05 - $142.47 Get a Quote

Hello. If your vehicle runs for a little while and then dies and will not restart then you may have a problem with the fuel pump or the auto shut down relay. The relay is the most common cause of this, and the relay should be replaced if it the cause. A mechanic would start by checking to see if fuel or spark are being lost when this occurs. If it is both then it may be the relay. If it is just fuel then the pump may be failing. It is also possible that the ignition switch is failing, but that is not as common.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr