Q: Key stuck in ignition switch

The vehicle's key is stuck in the ignition switch. The steering lock also seems to be broken.

I believe the part you might be referring to is not the ignition switch but rather the lock cylinder. The ignition switch as an actual electronic switch located further down the steering column on your vehicle. The lock cylinder is where the actual key goes in. The lock cylinder is connected to a gear on the opposite side of the steering column that engages the lock and lock plate assembly. The gear and connection pieces in the cylinder are made of a soft metal. It is not uncommon for them to break over time. Disassembly of the steering column is required to replace the lock cylinder. Some special tools are required for example a steering wheel remover and lock plate remover/installer. I suggest seeking the help of a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with this.